It can be pretty difficult to determine whether or not it’s time for your home to get a fresh paint job. Between scheduling, and locating someone reliable can be pretty daunting. An analysis of your home’s exterior is sometimes necessary for this process. Take a look at the following 5 Signs it is time for a fresh paint job. Besides, who doesn’t like a few coats of new paint?
- Cracking and/or Breakage – No matter the structure, when cracking or breaking is visible on the base of your building material, it’s a good indication that it’s also time for a fresh coat of paint.
- Peeling and Chipping – If you can visibly see the paint chipping or peeling from your building, it’s time to go ahead and take care of it before it becomes a bigger issue. Take it from us!
- Your Caulk has had better days – The caulk on your building structure is designed to last about 10 years. If the caulking around doors and windows is cracked, dried and/or coming off, it’s probably time to revisit your overall exterior protection, including paint.
- Fading Color – Your building might look a tad dull and doesn’t quite stand or shine bright like it used to. Nashville weather has an interesting variety throughout the year and particularly in the summertime. Direct sunlight will cause paint to deteriorate and fade over time.
- Timing – Can you even remember the last time you got a fresh paint job? If not, this could be a problem. If you’re in the Nashville area, give your business, home, and even white picket fence that extra glow it deserves! Give The House Painters a call for the fresh coat your building has been silently hoping for.